Arviem is a small, internationally operating company with an innovative startup spirit. We are the only service provider which offers pay-as-you use real-time cargo monitoring services to increase visibility in global trade. With our Internet of Things devices we monitor the condition and the location of cargo as it moves around the world, feeding clients’ performance dashboards, ad-hoc reporting and online analytical processing with the collected data.
For our small development team, we are searching for a motivated and skilled Senior Software Engineer, Java Enterprise.
For the demanding tasks, you will require a university degree in computer science, proven professional experience, flexibility, commitment and interest in dealing with customers, business partners and employees. German language is an advantage; however, we consider English speaking candidates as well if they match most of the requirements.
- You develop, improve and maintain our Java Cargo Monitoring web application in the frontend and backend for our customers and employees.
- Your main tasks include requirements analysis, as well as design, plan and implement features in cooperation with our business and operations team.
- You integrate applications and APIs of third parties
- You also support the rest of the team in optimizing development, quality and deployment processes
BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field and you bring at least 5 years of work experience with analysis, design and development of Java Enterprise applications
- Your strengths include: you take ownership of tasks and initiatives; you work in a structured way; you focus on delivering high quality results and you like to work in teams
- You appreciate software of high quality so you run automated tests, continuous integration and code quality tools in order to verify the quality of your work and improve the quality of your output
- You are interested in Architectures, Best Practices, Domain Models and Design Patterns and you apply your knowledge to your daily work
- You understand and share our opinion on “You build it, you run it”. You have deployed and maintained your previous projects in productive environments and you would like to continue doing so
- You have experience with the integration of other systems using REST and SOAP Web Services
- You bring your experience and knowledge of the benefits and difficulties of messaging and asynchronous communication and you are able to use it to your advantage
- You have very good Java skills
- You are able to evaluate and implement new technologies, tools and frameworks
- Agile software development is the basis of your daily work not only a common buzzword
- You have very good English and German skills
What we offer:
- A small team, quick decision-making, agile development and startup spirit
- Exciting work environment in a diverse and technically strong team of a successful and innovative small business
- 5 weeks of holidays
- Work location in Baar (Zug area)
- We develop our software with IntelliJ IDEA, manage it with Git, we build our applications with Maven / Gulp and Bamboo supports our Continuous Integration
- In addition to Bamboo we also use Atlassian products such as JIRA and Confluence in the development process
- We deploy and operate our solution in the cloud
We appreciate all the applications we receive, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com